Last night, Larry and I had plans to make all of our traditional Christmas goodies. While thinking of all of the toffee and peppermint bark and cookies I realized that this was going to be a lot sugar for two people to indulge themselves with, and knowing myself I would eat my fair share while Larry was at work the next day. Deciding to escape the disaster before me we invited some family over at the last second to help us consume the threat. We had so much fun having our tiny apartment full with happy loved ones catching up on each others lives. We played games and ate goodies and I do believe all had a good time. I love this time of year when we are reminded of the important things in life. Yes my apartment was a little crammed and I had a larger than usual mess to face in the morning but it was worth every bit of it because I was able to spend time with those who bring so much happiness to my life. This is also Princess's first Christmas and even though she is still too young for it to really sink in it has got me thinking what I want Christmas to be for her. I think that I want it to magical with Santa Claus and the presents but I also want some of the magic to come from helping our Father in Heaven bless others. I think that often we are the Lords instruments in blessing others and that is what Christmas is really about because when we think about the Savior and what he means to us I think that we are inclined to serve those around us. So let us go and serve.
No comments:
Post a Comment