New background

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Long Haul Has Started


About a month ago I was talking on the phone with Reyna, my sister, and she told me to come pick some cherries off of her tree. Over the course of the next couple of days we picked and picked and still didn't get close to emptying the tree. After all of that picking it was time to bottle them. Over the course of the next three days I leisurely did my bottling while Princess was napping. If I tried to bottle with her awake she would get into the cherries and eat them whole, pit and all. They turned out beautifully and are yummy. Larry also decided to make some jam which was a fun adventure, I had never had cherry jam before. As I was bottling the cherries I realized that this was the beginning of my bottling season and that there is still a lot to do before it is over. Even though it is just the beginning of a lot of work I am really excited, especially for the apricots, peaches and pears! Yum!

No comments: