1 week ago
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
My love/hate relationship with cars
I love cars. I appreciate what they enable us to do, some of them are really cool looking, etc. But gosh do they drive me crazy sometimes.
1- Our neon is still out of commission (now the battery is dead) but that is our fault for not dealing with it sooner- we have not had the time or means to take care of it.
2- Our jeep has been stalling lately- and stalling often. It was getting frustrating, because it would do it as I was going 60 down the road... not to safe! Especially when Nancy and Princess were in the car. So, I took it to a mechanic. He plugged in his nifty car-computer reader thingy and said it was a faulty distributor (he used more high tech words- but I can't remember them). He also said there were other problems with the car, but that is what was probably causing the stalling. After 2 weeks of dealing with it, I was glad to have an answer. So we had it fixed, paid the sum, and went on our way. Then it happened again! But that supposed-to-be-car-expert-man said that was the problem... well... he said the computer said (remember they rule our lives!) that that was the problem. So.... I did not want to spend more money if it was not going to solve it. So I went online. And boy is the internet great. I found an online forum where there were at least a dozen other jeep owners who were having or had the same problem. It came down to loosening 2 screws on the PCM (I feel smart using that acronym)- that's the powerterrain control module (but I have no idea what it does). So I located it, moved the coolant container that was in the way, and voila! the jeep has not stalled....yet! So... thank you internet! (And the air force mechanic that solved the problem for all of us jeep drivers).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow- that is so cool! Good thing the internet has all our answers!
My jeep does that exact same thing. Lately it has tried to dies as i'm going 80 down the freeway.... not good. So what did you do? I need to try that. I took mine to some car "expert" and he replaced my ignition coil saying that was the problem.. but it wasnt.. the problem comes and goes.. so ya, tell me what I need to do to fix my jeep....
Post a Comment