New background

Thursday, January 14, 2010

All in a Day's Work

With the baby and Christmas and visitor's I am sure it will come as no surprise that Princess's schedule has been thrown for a loop. Now that everything is settling back to normal it is time to readjust her sleeping habits. Well as she has gotten older she has also become a very persistent little girl and when she doesn't want to sleep she will simply open her door and come out to join "all the fun" mom and dad must be having without her. Well to solve this problem our first thought was to child proof her door from the inside so that she couldn't open it. So we went to the store and got the knobs for the door. But she soon learned how to open the door despite the child proof door handle. Well my sister had a different door knob thing that we did so we thought we would give it a try...to no avail. She still managed to get the door open. GRRRR So finally my sister suggested that we tie her door closed using another door. And guess what...It Worked!!! I was so excited. We day one of it working she put up quite a fuss and cried and threw tantrums but I didn't care because I knew that soon she would fall asleep and that there wasn't anything in her room that she could really hurt. So on she cried until all fell silent. Well when she awoke and I went to get her the room was in shambles. She had pulled out toys, clothes, books and whatever else she could. It was almost like she was trying to say, "Ok, mom if you wont let me out then take this!" Well as I faced the mess I thought I'll just take care of it later, I have so much I need to do right now. Well later eventually came and there was no way that I was going to leave it like that when I put her to bed. I could just in-vision her getting up in the middle of the night and killing herself in that disaster. I knew that it wasn't going to take me long so I thought that I would make a game of it and see how long it would take me to clean it all up and I am glad to say that it only took me about ten minutes. Isn't it amazing that she spent probably a half and hour to destroy it and in ten minutes and could get it looking like this....

1 comment:

Adriane said...

So, my gregory does that too. We have to lock him in when he's being super persistent. The other day (right after we'd done a large load of laundry and gotten it all put away, he completely emptied his dresser. So now he doesn't have a dresser...
Um, he also takes off his clothes and pees on the carpet when he's mad at me... aren't kids great?!?