New background

Monday, September 24, 2012

New Start

About a year ago I came across a Facebook page written by a lady who has really inspired me. A couple of years ago she found 40 looming in front of her and it caused her to take stock of her life and realized that she was not happy with herself. She was overweight and tired. So she started working out at the gym and she lost some weight, but not enough so she hired a personal trainer and started researching. In the about five months she went from a size 14 to a 4/6. She felt great. The more I read the more interested I became. How did she do it. Well the answer was she started clean eating and weight training. Okay, so I decided to do some more research and read a lot of peoples' stories, they are all the same. I was really intrigued with this clean eating lifestyle, but if I was to do it I would need Larry on board because it is a lifestyle, not a fad diet. Before I could even talk to him about it I found out we were expecting Baby S and I didn't feel up to the changes I needed to make. About the time I started feeling more up to it I got put on bed rest and was dependent on others to help me take care of my family. So now that Baby S is here and I am recuperated it was time to do something to help us be healthier, and hopefully, skinnier people. I talked to Larry and he is totally on board. So I am announcing that as of today we are living a clean eating lifestyle. Larry is going to start his strength training tonight, and hopefully if I get the go ahead from my doctor I can start on Friday. So what does this life style mean? It means that we are going to do our best to cut out all processed foods from our diet, go back to the way food was meant to be ingested. We will eat five to seven small meals a day instead of three larger meals. The reason for this is to always keep our melabolism fed so that it always is running optimally. Also because this is a lifestyle not a fad diet we are going to start off with a cheat day and hopefully eventually get it down to just a cheat meal. What this means is that once a week we will have a day where we can bend the rules a little and try that recipe we really wanted to or have a little of that dessert we have been craving. I am a strong believer in moderation in everything and that means dessert every once in a while. So in a nut shell we are going to just try and be healthier. My personal goal is to lose 60 lbs in the next year and to feel more energetic and excited about life. By writing it down here I am making myself publicly accountable. So wish us luck and hopefully in a year I will be a renewed person!

No comments: