So over the last year and a half I have been trying to teach myself how do sew. I knew enough basics to make E and L's baby quilts. They were very basic and all just straight stitches. About the time A was born I decided to try making E a dress. I was so intimidated and decided to try it out while Larry's mom was here after A was born so I could ask her for help if I needed. It ended up being easier that I had thought it would be. I have made her two dresses and a skirt that I made up a pattern for. I also made my SIL an apron. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture before I gave it to her. It was really cute and I also made up the pattern for that one. However, the largest project I have done as late was a quilt for my mom. The star blocks were paper pieced together and then I appliqued them. They took FOREVER, but I really enjoyed making them. I really loved paper piecing because it helped them come out looking almost perfect. If any of you sew and have a chance to learn how to do it I recommend it. Anyway, the other blocks I had each of my parents grandchildren decorate a square for them. They have a lot of grand kids and there are even two missing off of that quilt and two more on the way. I was supposed to give them this quilt for Christmas last year but I had a lot come up that I wasn't planning on so it got pushed to the back burner. Well a couple of weeks I finished it with my MIL and gave it to my mom. It felt really good to get it finished. Now I just have to finish all of my other sewing projects, when I find the time and energy.
1 week ago
1 comment:
Great job on the quilt...Way cute
Post a Comment