1 week ago
Thursday, April 7, 2011
Helping Others
Last night Larry and I finally watched The Blind Side. I know it has been out for forever and we have actually had it from Netflix for a couple of months. We just don't watch a lot of TV any more. Anyway, It was a really good movie. It got me thinking about what I would do if I was in the same place as Leigh Ann was. Would I help out a fellow human being who just needed someone to care. My first thought was of course. But the more I thought about it the more I realized that I probably have encountered many people in my life who could just use some kindness and instead of kindness I judged them for what I saw. Don't get me wrong, I was not mean or cruel I was just blinded by my own prejudices to see the pain and struggles they were going through. When I saw myself in this light it reminded me that I have a long way to go to becoming truly Christ like. I need to work on this. I need to be able to see people the way that my Savior sees them and to love them instead of judging them. I hope that I am able to become the person that He would have me be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sometimes the smallest thought can turn our life around when we really didn't know it needed turning around. Surprisingly it can be tough to remember the Savior in every thought, word, and action. But we must continue to try for perfection, good luck in your endeavors to become more Christ like. You guys are always in our thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment